Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thank god for iTunes and ESPN.com. I needed some Rolling Stones and sports updates today, and I found them both. While jamming to "Beast of Burden" I got some high quality reading done. 4 Oregon football players have been arrested in the last month, not including Jeremiah Masoli and Embry; this is terrible news for our program. I also saw that Jermere Holland was dismissed today for something he posted on his facebook account. Ducks football is sinking faster than Enron after a Rosebowl birth. I sure hope we live up to our #4 preseason rankings for 2010. Cleveland hasn't won a game since I left the country. No need to get into details about how I am feeling in regards to that. Tigers speech was horrific. He is a robot. I still love him and bought a Tiger poster at the local music shop for my room. I also purchased a New Zealand flag that coats a large portion of my wall.

I had a wonderful workout this morning that was extremely needed. You all know that I workout at least 6/7 days a week, and taking a week off was painful. I am back in the game now though so all is okay. Paige and I went to the grocery store and I FINALLY got my cell phone up and running. People don't call ever here, I mean never - only texts. I also purchased a few surprises that should reach the U.S. within a few weeks. I am missing a lot of people in the states, but not Eugene at all. I wish everyone could just move here. Other than that today has been really relaxing. I made some rice, chicken, and veggies for dinner. I also got to skype with my dad for like ten minutes. That was a real kick. I was so happy to see him in his office wearing lounge gear and a baseball cap. Classic Rob. I am waiting to skype Anne tonight when her chemistry is over and am really looking forward to that as well.

I made a bucket list after dinner. The list is about 25 events deep so I figure if I hit 60% of them I'll be happy. They include white water rafting, swimming with dolphins, bungy jumping, sky diving, to name a few. These rec events are all in the most breathtaking places on earth. I am in for the night because there is a huge Toga party tomorrow that I bought a sheet for, should be fun. The kiwis are playing a funny version of Kings Cup upstairs...gonna go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment