Thursday, February 25, 2010

The last few days have been really relaxing filled with indulging on sushi and chicken curry sandwiches. I have found some great deals and it has only been a week here. Chicken sandwiches are 3.50NZD, so like 2 bucks for a really tasty chicken burger.

Paige and I taught the kiwis how to play beer pong and now my flatmate Abbey is practicing in between classes. She is ultra competitive and president of the squash club. Paige plays college volleyball at Brandeis and she is also overly competitive: We went 16-0 at the table on our first night. It was ridiculous. Paige is like the Dikembe Mutumbo of pong, literally blew the ball out like ten times throughout the night. I have had enough time to workout the last 2 days and I am feeling really good about that.

Today I had preliminary classes; I got my syllabuses and found out when lecture times are. Grading must be exceptionally difficult here because an A grade is 80% and above.

I am leaving for the weekend and going to a place called Oamaru which is about an hour and a half north of Dunedin. It is a coastal town of 13,000 with amazing outdoor activities. Oamaru is also very famous for its large penguin population. I cannot wait to see wild penguins that are not in a zoo.

Classes start on Monday, and I also have basketball tryouts Monday night. I'm really looking forward to that. I'll check in after the weekend and let you all know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment