Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I already posted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-0knDpn5g on facebook, but I feel like it is the best way to introduce my blog considering it is a visual summary of where I will be for the next five months. My skype name is kevinmcbaron and I will be dying to video chat with my friends and family. Email is baron@uoregon.edu - this will probably be the best way to get in touch with me on a more personal level.

I would like to thank Jakey Gelrod for the blog inspiration. On his trip last year to Israel he used this website and I thought it turned out well.

I haven't been academically motivated since spring quarter of 2009, so I am hoping my writing will improve with time and the blog will be easier to follow. For now, just bear with me.

I have had nearly three full months off from school, and I am actually ready to go back. I wish it didn't have to be until next fall. However, I am forced to take classes on this trip because it is a "study abroad" experience. My last few weeks in town have been wonderful. An excessively wild Saturday night led into an all-you-can-eat brunch at my dad's house on Sunday morning. I could not be more appreciative for both of my parents emotional and financial support throughout this process - I would be lost without them (as well as Jolene and Steve).

I wanted to give individual thanks and shout outs to all of my friends, but the group is so extensive I didn't want to leave anyone out. You all know who you are.

Of course my first flight is delayed from Eugene to SF, darn fog...

JJ - You are my number one partner in crime. You bring out the best in me. I cannot think of a single time in life that we have been together and not lived it to the fullest. We go all out, balls to the wall. You are always optimistic and looking forward to what's next. You make me feel like my swagger is on 100,000 everywhere I go with you. I am already a confident kid, but when we are hanging out I feel unstoppable with any mission or goal I have. I am so thankful and lucky to have you around. You better make your way down to NZ for the tail end of this trip, we'll be in touch. If not, hold it down in the classroom and gym for me in the 541, and I'll see you at our new crib this summer.

Ann - I really appreciate the ride. Not just to the airport, but also for becoming so close this year. I trust you with everything. You are one of my best friends. I am sure that I will be in touch with you more than anyone else on this trip, I am not worried about a thing. Good luck with finishing out school and tryouts. You are a wonderful person. I'll finish this later, I'm boarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment