Friday, March 5, 2010

Dunedin is so strange for a college town because everything is poppin' from Monday-Thursday with everything closing at like 8:30. Weekends seem really dead here on George St. most likely because people leave town to go hiking. This weekend was not exception for me.

I went to Turkish falafels last night for dinner. And then again for post-dinner meals. There seem to be literally four seasons in one day in New Zealand. I woke up to grey skies, slight rain. Sunny skies and warm beaches appeared three hours later. I hiked sand dunes today with Abbey, Paige, and JJ. It was amazing but now I can't move from bed. I really messed my feet up from jumping off dunes. We got some amazing pictures but in retrospect was no worth it. There was a giant sea lion that snuck up on us while we were hanging out on the beach and charged and growled at us. Adult males can reach 9 feet and 650 pounds. This was definitely an adult male.

Got some pretty epic photos leaping off sand dunes. I'll load those later. Great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment