Sunday, March 28, 2010

Definitely been a minute or two since I have posted. Things have been pretty stable around Dunedin and I didn't leave town last weekend for the first time on this trip. I have had a lot of school to do because the professors requested I get work done before I leave for Melbourne. I CANT BELIEVE ITS ONLY TWO DAYS AWAY! I am really stoked to have a vacation in a vacation. My neighbor growing up, Emily, went to Australia last year for study abroad and has given me a ton of helpful information for my trip.

I saw Avatar in 3d on Friday night and without any exaggeration bought 1/25 of my body weight (in kilos) of bulk candy. Could not have felt more like throwing up after the movie. Thought I had the flu or something. I did not get out of bed the next day until 1 haha. In regards to the movie, I highly suggest seeing it in 3d while it is in theatres because it is not worth sitting through that film for 3 hours unless it is in theatres. It is definitely mind-blowing in terms of visual effects.

My birthday was basically a full weekend event and seems to be dragging into Monday, at least on my facebook wall since it is today in the States. Saturday night a group of us kicked off the evening by getting a tour of Speights Brewery. It was the original brewery in New Zealand: 1876. There was so much cool history and our tour guide was amazing. At the end of the tour we had a 30 minute all you can drink with 7 different kinds of beer. It was so cool to be able to serve ourselves on the tap behind the bar. My friends let the guide know it was my birthday so he extended the period for another 15 minutes.

Free drinks at every bar all night on Saturday after midnight so that was pretty wild all night.

Sunday, my real birthday, was really relaxed as you can imagine. I laid around and watched movies pretty much all day. Paige and Abbey brought me a double scoop from Rob Roys dairy for breakfast ha. We went to a Turkish joint for dinner with a pretty big group. I got a chicken doner, rice, pita bread, noodles and salad. It was amazing. Pictures posted on the net of the meal. Paige made a blueberry cheesecake for dessert which is my favorite by far. Could not have been more thoughtful - and expensive. Apparently the ingredients here are a bit overboard.

I gotta get crackin on the school work cuz I leave for Melbourne in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment