Sunday, May 16, 2010

My plans to go to the Fiordlands National Park were put on hold this weekend. For the first time since I have been in NZ I got a bug. Nothing big, but my energy was really low and I was very congested. Not exactly backpacking material.

I laid really low and tried to sleep as much as possible. I went to an all you can eat buffet with my Kiwi buddies James and Willie. They couldn't believe how much I could consume for a small guy. I put down about 20 plus pieces of sushi, fish and chips, nachos, salad, noodles and topped it off with apple pie and icecream for dessert. It was only 8NZD! We are making it a weekly ritual.

Willie plays Rugby for Otago which is semi-professional as they do get paid. James just graduated with honors in nutrition and muscle development, so he is a strength and conditioning coach for the players.

I am trying to get as far ahead as possible this week in school so I can somehow fit the Fiordlands rainforest into my plans by skipping class. This upcoming weekend I am hiking Mt. Cook, the tallest peak in NZ. Apparently there are a ton of avalanches and glaciers you can see from the top! I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment